7.31.2011

Life Today...

First, deployment is hard!  But we're getting through it.  3 months down, only 9 more long months to go.  I had one of my mom's friends ask me about a month ago, "So how is married life?", I answered "a lot like single life right now."


In order to keep me from going insane, or becoming a lazy hermit, I got a job for this year.  I'm working with my brother at Lashbrook Designs.  We make and manufacture wedding rings, specifically men's bands in special metals.  My job is quality control and engraving.  The finisher's bring me the rings, I clean them, inspect them, send them back to be touched up if needed and then engrave them.  I truly enjoy my job a lot!  And I like working with my brother, we have fun.


Work and the gym occupy the majority of my time and keep me busy during the week.  I spend my weekends with my good friends and family.  I'm trying to get out there and experience things.  Do things I never really have before.  I went hiking a few weeks ago with a friend and actually really enjoyed it and we've been planning to go a few more times before summer's over.  We're also planning a trip to Lagoon sometime soon since I haven't been there since 9th grade Lagoon Day.  I also want to go see Hill Aerospace Museum.  I don't know why, but it's in my mind that I want to.  I'm trying to make the most of my time and there's so many things that I've always wanted to do and just never have.  So now I'm just doing them.


Chase is now in Afghanistan and doing well.  He's doing security detail for the Lieutenant Colonel.  He seems to like it ok.  He says he's in a relatively calm place so that makes me feel better.  But he also tends to not tell me if or when anything happens to him specifically.  I think he does it to protect me so I don't worry as much, and to be honest, I'm kind of grateful for that.  I get to talk to him not every single day, but most days at least once.  It's never for very long, but I'm grateful for every time I get to hear from him.  It's amazing how much hearing his voice truly changes my day.  I don't even know why, but after talking to him my whole day is always so much better and happier.  He makes me so incredibly happy and puts me in such a perfect mood just by simply talking to him on the phone.  I'm so glad he's doing so good while he's there, but we both can't wait for him to be home.  



I can't even explain in words how much I miss Chase.  Nor can I explain just how hard deployment is.  For both of us.  But we're both keeping strong!  And despite the hard times, life is going good!




The shirt I had made.  I love being an ARMY WIFE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment