3.01.2011

Too Much Fun...

I was told I'd seen the ocean before, but I was too little to remember it.  Well that doesn't count.  Going to the beach and seeing the ocean for the first time was amazing.  It was a whole different and new feeling.  Being from Utah, my whole life I've looked out and seen mountains every direction.  I guess that sort of gave me a feeling of knowing where I am.  And that feeling made me feel safe.  So when I looked out at the ocean, and all I could see was water, it was...different. 

I have had so much fun these past 3 weeks since i've been here.  I've become pretty good friends with a few of the other wives.  We've gone out together a few times without our husbands to the beach and shopping and had a ton of fun!  The weekend before last, Chase took me downtown to Waikiki, which is the big tourist city on the island.  There are hundreds of little shops in strip malls up and the down all the roads so we walked around for a few hours and went in a bunch of them for fun.  Then we walked to the beach there and swam in the ocean and laid out for another few hours.  After that we went and Chase got another tattoo.  The two 8-point stars that he'd been wanting.  It was a great day!!  A few days ago we drove up Kolekole to go hike to see an ancient sacrificial rock Chase had told me about.  We got to it and decided to keep going.  It ended up being absolutely beautiful!  We got to a spot that overlooked a whole valley and then a little further up we got to see another valley.  It was so amazing!  It was a whole different scene of Hawaii than what people tend to think of.  Im glad I got to see it.   


While Chase is gone at work is the most boring time for me.  We don't have a tv and we only have internet once in a great while.  Thankfully we have our computer though (thanks again to those who gave it to us) so luckily I can watch movies on it.  On weeknights we like to stay in and just hang out with each other.  We watch a lot of movies and we bought Scrabble so we play that a lot.  We're still just enjoying being together and we're making the very most of the time we have left as deployment draws nearer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment